Friday, July 9, 2010

Austin Children's Museum

On Mondays, the Austin Children's Museum is open only for ages 3 & under. I had been wanting to try it out for a while, but wasn't sure I could handle it by myself(and after going, NO, I couldn't do it alone!). So, since Jeremy was off this past Monday, we decided to check it out.

The kids had a blast exploring

Ava found this slide right away & I wasn't sure we'd be able to pull her away from it. She LOVED it!

Not really sure what that is that they are playing with here, but they had fun. This is while we were waiting for the music time to begin. I didn't get any pictures of that, but they had a blast singing & dancing & running under the parachute at the end!

There was also a designated area for the 'littles'. It would usually be for babies & toddlers, but it seemed to be mostly for babies this morning. Of course, Ava & Drew had to come check out what Pres was doing.


Just before Ava's meltdown that led to us leaving, we found the 'Mi Familia' room. They both loved the drums.



Apparently, Ava thought the drums belonged to her & tried to tackle the little boy who played after she left them.....which led to screaming & the decision to leave--quickly!
But, other than that, we all had a really good time.




3 comments:

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Ive been wanting to take Brooke here....do you think its too old for a 15 month old?!
LOVE all the fun pictures - you make cute babies! :)

Tell "Noni" (aka Mama Camp) I love her! Made my day to see her name on my blog! :)

Jen said...

Ashley, I think she'd have a blast at the Monday morning thing(Baby Bloomers). It's only open for 3 & under, so she can play with everything. Otherwise, there's just a very small area for little ones. I think it's almost every Monday...there's a calendar on their website.

Thanks! :)

Leslie said...

Love their little outfits!! I am assuming your mom made them!!! Your kids are just adorable:)!!