Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birthday Party

A couple of months ago(in the midst of having a baby!), I realized I needed to plan a birthday party for Ava & Drew. After thinking about it, I knew I didn't want to go too crazy...I mean, they're not going to remember it, right!? So, it was just going to be a big playdate...Ava & Drew's friends & family. And it was going to be outside....in Texas, that's a possibility in December! :) So, we had everything in order...got them a fun new climber(Christmas/Bday present) put together, rented a bouncy house, had lists of things to get ready. It was going to be great. Then we woke up Saturday morning & not only is it cold(which still could have been ok), but it's drizzling. By 9:00, we knew it had to be moved inside. Even if the sun had come out, the backyard would not have been dry by 3:00.

It turned out great. The kids had fun, the cake was good & Drew loved opening the presents(Ava didn't want to, so Drew got to open hers too!).



No comments: