Friday, October 2, 2009

Last day as a family of 4..

Or what *should* have been ....

I had big plans for Thursday: breakfast & play at Jungle Java in the morning; naps for the kids & work/errands in the afternoon; then, dinner w/ my mom & dad.
INSTEAD.... we did go to breakfast, then Drew & I spent 1 1/2 hrs at the drs office to get the dreaded diagnosis: swine flu! Got a RX for both kiddos, since Ava had already been coughing, then called my drs office--I was also having some symptoms. To be on the safe side, my dr suggested rescheduling the c-section to Tuesday & starting me on Tamiflu. We then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to keep 2 kids that didn't feel good happy, rested & hydrated.

Of course, I wanted to do what was best for the baby...but, am kind of sad today not to be holding him/her(& STILL not knowing boy or girl! ;)). Fortunately, it seems that we caught it early enough & the tamiflu is working quickly. The kids seem to feel great...w/ just the occasional cough. I'm a little worse off, but still just a little achy w/ a cough....and impatient for Tuesday to get here! :)
Here are a couple of pics from our 'last' breakfast out:


Ava did not want her picture taken!

And resting on the couch today w/ Dad:

No comments: