Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ant Encounter

Yesterday morning started out really good! After a good night's sleep, both kids were happy & I don't think there was a single temper tantrum or whining spell. About 9:00 we headed outside-like we do most mornings-to run off some energy in the backyard. We'd been out for about 20 minutes when Ava started shrieking. Now, I didn't immediately suspect anything was wrong as she tends to shriek often & for fun. But, I did start walking towards her to be sure--she had wandered down to one end of the yard. When I(followed by Drew) got closer, I realized she was swatting at her legs--so I moved a little faster. She had stopped to check out a tree--and stood in an ant mound. Her poor legs were covered. So, I picked her up to run her to the water faucet. Got her all cleaned off & inside. Poor Drew was quite confused through all this, but obeyed me SO well!! By the time we were inside, she was fine--I think I was more upset in the long run than she was. And, really, it turned out not to be quite as bad as I'd been afraid it would be. Here's a pic of her legs today--a little over 24 hrs later. They don't seem to be itching her too much--though she doesn't seem to like them on her legs!


On another note, I managed to fall while running her to the faucet & landed square on my belly. So, we also got to make an urgent trip to my dr to make sure baby was ok. Fortunately, after a sonogram & 20 min NST(non stress test--they put a monitor on my belly to watch the baby's heartbeat) everything is fine--though I am quite sore today.

So, what started out as the perfect day, ended up being quite stressful & a little traumatic! Glad it's over!

No comments: