Saturday, May 9, 2009

Laundry Day

MASSIVE laundry day, that is!
Generally, my laundry schedule is as follows:
diapers every other day (2 loads)
kitchen rags/towels/bibs every other day (1 load)
baby towels every 3 days (1 load)
baby clothes every 4-5 days (1 load)
mom/dad clothes on Sat (1 load)
mom/dad towels,etc on Sat (1-2 loads)
sheets once/week (1 load)

Now it isn't very often that this all happens on the same day. In fact, I can't remember the last time it did. Until TODAY. I realized yesterday that I needed to wash EVERYTHING today...ugh. Of course, I could put it off, but I don't really want to do it on Mother's Day either. So, I did do one load last night after the kiddos were in bed, then started at 6:30 this morning in hopes of having everything but the diapers done by naptime. That way the "fun" of folding can begin!

So, while the babies are napping, I am starting on folding. This is what the living room looks like. You can see 5 loads here.....1 more is in the dryer.....1 more in the washer...and diaper laundry will follow that. NINE loads in one day. I must be crazy! :)

But....................... it beats mowing the yard---which is what Jeremy is busy with! ;)

No comments: